Oppo 1089 Wrist/Thumb Support S
WRIST SUPPORTS:The wrist joint is a complex structure, consisting of eight carpal bones and the distal part of the ulnar and radial bones. These are the radiocarpal and midcarpal joints. The ulnar bone doesn't directly articulate with the carpal bones. The triangular fibrocartilaginous complex (TFCC) is located between the ulna and carpals. With the disc, the radius bears 60% of loading; without the disc, the radius transmits 95% of the loading.
- •Thumb orthosis especially suitable for rheumatics.
- •Relieves pain and stabilizes CMC joint.
- •Reinforced metal stick stabilizes thumb.
- •Adjustable hook and loop fasteners insure comfortable fit and stabilization during activities.
- •Thermal wrist support for tenosynovitis, carpal tunnel syndrome and general wrist support.
How to Wear:
- •Position thumb on the thumb locking area of support.
- •Be sure the metal splint is on the lateral side of thumb.
- •Secure the hook and loop strap beside thumb area to desired compression.
- •Secure elastic hook and loop fastener to desired compression.
- •De Quervain's disease
- •Thumb sprain/strain
- •CMC joint injury
Sizing (Measure circumference of your wrist.):
S: 14.0-15.9cm (5 1/2-6 1/4")
M:15.9-18.4cm (6 1/4-7 1/4")
L:18.4-21.0cm (7 1/4-8 1/4")
XL:21.0-23.5cm (8 1/4-9 1/4")